Program Name: Tutoring Program for Immigrant Children.
Course Code: ISS 12
This program is designed to help the children of new immigrants to blend into Alberta Curriculum and schools. this program comes with orientation session to the children and their parents for 2 weeks. Children will be helped in their homework and bridging process for 1 complete academic year. language interpreters may be provided depending on the requirements.
Couse Length: 1 academic year
When Offered: Ongoing, After school 2hrs/session, 2 days/week.
All children (K-9) will be benefitted in this program the program focusses on a blended Approach to enforce and proven success method “Rigor, Relevance and Results” while covering the curriculam in the areas of
- Numbers and Operations – elementary school arithmetic from simple counting through fractions and beyond.
- Measurement – measurement concepts, including telling time and counting money.
- Geometry – characteristics and properties of geometric shapes.
- Algebra - patterns, relations, functions, use of models and algebraic symbols.
- Data Analysis - collecting, organizing, displaying and analyzing data
English Language Arts:
- Parent must have registered to the evening courses
- Must be children of New immigrants.
- Must be attending public school sytem.
- Ready, willing and able to complete the program.
- Commitment to have minimum attendance 90%