Program Name: Essential Skills for New Immigrants to Canada.
Course Code: ISS 01
This 12-week program is designed to respond to the increasing number of newcomers to Canada with high levels of education and performing at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 6,7 or higher. It bridges the essential skill gaps and language barriers to help newcomers enter further training programs, post-secondary institutions, landing a job in their chosen field and moving up in with their respective career path.
Couse Length: 12 weeks Mon-Thu 10AM- 4 PM
When Offered: Ongoing, maximum intake :20
Registration: By 10th of everymonth for next batch.
This program will help to:
- Improve English and work skills to be successful in education and the Canadian workplace
- Identify, plan and improve careers, whether it means exploring education or finding a career path that works.
- Enhance reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Enhance essential skills to make them suitable to enter the Canadian work force.
- Develop a professional resume, cover letter and interview skills to find employment.
- Increase understanding of the Canadian workplace, suitable training programs, and job search techniques.
Eligible Clients must be:
- Permanent residents and Protected Persons (IRPA Section 95) with minimum CLB levels of 7,7,6,6.
- Ready, willing and able to complete the program.
- Commitment to have minimum attendance 90%
- Intake assessment and acceptance into the program.