Program Name: Employment Skills- 60 hours
Course Code: ISS 03
Preparation for the Retail/ Fast food industry for Low Literacy Immigrants
This program equips immigrants with tools and strategies to enhance their employability in the retail sector, including:
- Training in retail vocabulary, customer service and numeracy
- Certification in basic food safety and WHMIS
- Basic training in computers and other relevant technologies
- Canadian workplace preparation
Couse Length: 3 weeks, 60 hrs Monday- Friday : 1PM-5PM
When Offered: Ongoing
Registration: Ongoing Maximum Intake :20
Eligible Clients must be:
- The program is available to immigrants who are permanent residents, have no more than 12 years of education.
- Have Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.
- Require support in obtaining meaningful employment.
- Ready, willing and able to complete the program.
- Commitment to have minimum attendance 90%
- Intake assessment and acceptance into the program.