Program Name: Employment and Life Skills Program
Course Code: ISS 05
This excellent orientation program assists immigrants to establish more meaningful lives in their new society by introducing career management skills including research skills, networking, job search strategies and assertiveness training.
Intake Capacity: 20
Couse Length: 64 hours
When Offered: 1 day/week, Saturday/Sunday 8AM-5 PM for 8 weeks
Participants are helped to increase their confidence, recognize their skills and to develop a plan for their future.
The program focusses on
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Skill identification
- Career and community information sources
- Assertive communication skills
- Interview skills & job search
- Canadian workplace culture.
- Canadian Level Benchmark of 4 or higher
- Ready, willing and able to complete the program.
- Commitment to have minimum attendance 90%
- Intake assessment and acceptance into the program.