Program Name: Business Communications-Evening
Course Code: ISS 11
This course is designed to cater immigrants and general public who wants to persue their career in Business Management and related fields.This is a throughly taught course with blended format(face to face ,online and workshop). This course enables a person to be confident in writing reading presenting and leading in a business environment.
Couse Length: 60 hours
- Monthly, 15 days, 3 weeks- evening 5PM-9PM Mon-Fri
Registration: Registration is done 1 month before the class starts
Understand business communication in today’s workplace and global business environment.
•Commit to ethical communication, distinguish between ethical dilemmas and ethical lapses, and make ethical choices in communication.
• Use communication technology effectively.
• Communicate in an intercultural environment.
• Improve his/her grammar skills to produce clear, effective business communication.
• Communicate effectively in teams, collaborate in writing.
• Hold productive meetings and use various meeting technologies.
• Improve his/her listening and nonverbal communication skills.
• Apply key etiquette points for when you’re in the workplace, out in public, and online.
• Create effective email, text, and instant messages, as well as business blogs and podcasts.
• Write effective business messages by being sensitive to the audience’s needs, building strong relationships, controlling one’s style and tone, and choosing powerful words.
• Develop effective strategies to write routine requests, replies, and positive messages.
• Apply effective use of both direct and indirect approaches to writing.
• Effectively plan and write negative messages for routine business matters, organizational news, and responding to negative information in a social media environment.
• Plan and develop effective persuasive messages, marketing and sales messages, and promotional messages for social media, while maintaining high ethical and legal standards.
• Develop oral and online presentations using the three-step process, and how to deliver them
Eligible Clients must be:
- Permanent residents and Protected Persons (IRPA Section 95) with minimum CLB levels of 7,7,6,6.
- Open to immigrants and General Public
- Ready, willing and able to complete the program.
- Commitment to have minimum attendance 90%
- Intake assessment and acceptance into the program.