Program Name: Blend into Corporate Environment Canada.
Course Code: ISS 09
This program is for Internationally Educated Professionals who are looking to start their careers in Calgary. It is a full-time program that provides learners with job search skills and the business and intercultural communication skills they will need to be successful in a Canadian work environment. and six weeks of unpaid work placement to gain Canadian experience.
Intake Capacity : 20
When Offered: Intake Dates: 4 sessions, Jan, April, July & Oct.
In the first 10 weeks, classes run Monday to Friday from 8:00 am-12 Noon. Voluntary placement hours may differ as per the host companies.
Applications for each intake are accepted 3 months before the intake start date.
Program content areas include:
- Bridging into the Canadian Workplace: labour market research skills, goal setting, career coaching.
- Job Search Tools: targeted competitive resumes, cover letters and interview skills, personal branding, and business cards
- Social Media: Leveraging LinkedIn to your benefit, awareness of appropriate use of social media
- Workplace Essential Skills; Assessing and elevating skill levels
- Business communication skills: Intercultural Communicative competencies, networking, delivering presentations, writing professionally.
- Work Experience Placement: The institute will try the best to assign valuntary work in many businesses in and around Calgary. Due to its uncertainity of the local economy and labour force conditions,there is no guarantee of this placement.
- Eligible Clients must have a minimum CLB of 6 in all strands.
- Permanent resident/Canadian citizen
- Have completed post-secondary in their country of origin
- Know which occupational field they wish to pursue.
- This program is considered an exit program.